Ladder Golf is played with 2 or more players or teams. Each player has 3 golf ball bolas. A bola is 2 golf balls attached by a nylon rope. The object of the game is to wrap your bolas around the steps of the ladder. The ladder consists of 3 steps, a top, middle and a bottom step.
Ladder Golf is played in rounds, each round consists of all players tossing 3 bolas. A coin toss is used to decide which player or team will toss first.
The first player must toss all 3 bolas before the next player is able to toss his or her bolas.
bolas can be tossed in anyway the player chooses, as long as they are tossed individually and can be bounced off the ground.
The winner of the round earns the first toss in the next round.
Games are played to an exact point total of 21.
In order to win, a player must be the only one to score exactly 21 points after the completion of a round.
If a player goes over the exact point total, that players points for that round do not count.
For example: A player with 18 points needs 3 points to get the exact score of 21 in order to win. If that player has 5 points hanging on the ladder after all the players have tossed all strands, none of those points count and the player will enter the next round with 18 points again needing 3 points to win.
In the case of a tie, the players that tie will play as many overtime rounds as needed until one player ends a complete round 2 points ahead of the other player. The 2 point rule only applies in overtime rounds. During regular play any player can win as long as that player is the only one to score an exact total of 21 points at the end of that round no matter how many points the other players have.
In the course of play no contestant is to walk to the ladder prior to completion of the current round of play.
Ladder: The ladder is the structure that consists of 3 steps each spaced 13 inches apart.
Steps: Each ladder has 3 steps. The top step is worth 3 points, the middle 2 and the bottom 1 point.
Toss Line: The line that the players tosses from. Officially is set to 15 feet. For backyard games 5 paces works fine.
• 3 White bolas
• 3 Green bolas
• 1 Carry bag
• 1 set of official rules
Your ladder needs to be assembled prior to playing. Begin by fastening the 2 uprights to the 2 bases with the supplied knobs. After both uprights are fastened to the bases insert the round steps. The top and bottom step are identical and the middle step is the one with threads on the ends. Once all the steps are inserted screw in the remaining 2 knobs into both ends of the middle step. Do not over tighten the knobs on the middle step or use any tools to tighten them. The clearances on your new Ladder Golf game are very tight at first. The holes drilled in the ladder are meant to be tight and it will become easier to assemble after the first few times you assemble and disassemble the game set.
Remember to play safe, have fun and go for the ten point toss!
- DO NOT swing the bolas unless tossing them at the ladder during normal game play. Injury to yourself or others may occur if bolas are used improperly.
- The bolas provided with your new Ladder Golf game are connected using special anchors that, under normal game play, will provide a lifetime of use. DO NOT pull excessively on the bolas (tug-of-war) as abuse of the bolas may cause the anchors to pull away from the ball.
- Do not attempt to wrap bolas around body parts. Parents, please supervise younger children during game play. Kids can do crazy things with the most innocent of toys.
- DO NOT stand on the steps of the ladder. They are designed for normal game play only. Any misuse of the ladder may result in injury or damage to the ladder.
- Always use the carrying bag to store your Ladder Golf game. Sun and rain can damage the wood and plastic used to make the ladder.
- Never leave the bolas in the sun for extended periods. Excessive sunlight may deteriorate the nylon rope connecting the bolas.
- Keep your bolas dry. Water will let the nylon rope stretch, changing the design of the game. You can clean the bolas with a mild liquid soap and cold water. Let them dry completely before use.